“At camp everyone comes together as a family. It’s the best thing that could ever happen in my life.”
- Camp AmeriKids camper, Coyote Cabin
2018 Summer Session Dates:
Saturday, August 4th — Saturday, August 11th
Please note that all camp volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and preferably one year out of high school.
A team of counselors is responsible for the 24-hour supervision of a cabin and maintains a 2:1 camper to counselor ratio. The cabin counselor’s enthusiastic participation in all aspects of camp is crucial in creating a memorable experience for our campers. Counselors are expected to be role models and sources of energy and ideas. They are a key part of the Camp AmeriKids community.
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Doctors
Thanks to ongoing partnerships with several nurse practitioner programs and Jacobi Medical Center, we currently have a complete Medical Staff.
If you are interested in volunteering at camp without being directly responsible for campers' daily care, operations might be the place for you! Operations is the team behind the scenes that sets up and manages daily activities and special events. Experience with general maintenance and sound/lighting equipment a plus!
An experienced team of social workers and psychologists help manage emotional and behavioral stress for campers and counselors during the camp session. Under the guidance of the Wellness Director, the Wellness Team is available 24/7 to both campers and counselors to discuss challenging situations and alleviate crises so everyone can have a positive, supported experience.
We are seeking volunteers who have personal or professional experience in at least one of the following areas: dance, drama, arts & crafts, music, spoken word, sports, nature, and film. Throughout the week, cabins will have the opportunity to participate in each program area. We rely on our Program Staff to facilitate learning and fun for campers, with some activities showcased on the final night at our Talent Show.
Mandatory orientation for all volunteers begins at 9:00am on Saturday, August 4th. Volunteers are encouraged to arrive the evening prior — Friday, August 3rd. Volunteers are provided all meals and housing for the week.
Given the responsibilities involved in caring for children and the unique nature of our program, we take every precaution and screen all applicants extensively to ensure a good match.
- The summer 2018 application deadline is April 15th.
- Notifications for non-medical staff will be made on or around May 14th.
- All accepted volunteers must have a physical and submit a health form by June 23rd.
New Staff Applicants
How to Apply
- Submit a 2018 Staff Application online here. After submitting your application, you will immediately receive a confirmation email that will include several short answer questions.
- Provide references: New staff applicants must provide three references — one personal reference and two professional/academic references. Completed forms must be returned to The ELM Project by the references.
- Interview: Once we have received your completed application and reference forms, you will be contacted to schedule a phone interview.
Returning Staff Applicants
How to Apply
Submit a 2018 Staff Application online here. After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
Staff Health Form
Accepted volunteers for Summer 2018 must complete a staff health form by June 23rd.
- back to top -