What Position are you Applying for? Complete the section(s) below to apply for camp counselor, medical staff, program staff and wellness staff.
Requires 24/7 supervision of the campers with a team of approximately 7 other counselors.
Medical Staff Position
You will be asked to provide a copy of your New York license and CPR card.
Wellness Staff Positions
Wellness Staff (psycho-social support for campers & staff; must have prior professional experience and preferably prior experience volunteering at Camp AmeriKids)
If applicable, you will be asked to provide a copy of your license/certificate for desired position.
Examples: such as arts & crafts, sports & recreation, singing/music, spoken word/poetry, film/video, dance, drama/theater, nature (camping, hiking, team-building, environmental education, low ropes) and other areas for new programs that you are able to facilitate.
Certifications, skills, experience and/or special talents.
Examples: First aid, CPR, lifeguard, low/high ropes, W.S.I and any others you may have.
200 char. max.
Application Certification and Agreement
You will receive a confirmation email immediately after completion of this application.
It will include 8 questions for you to answer and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read carefully and sign below. Thank you for applying to Camp AmeriKids!
* The statements made on this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
* Any falsification, misrepresentation, or incompletemess in this disclosure is alone grounds for disqualification or termination of a volunteer contract with Camp AmeriKids.
* The information that I have provided may be verified, if necessary, by contacting persons or organizations named in this application.
* Upon the offer of a volunteer or staff position at Camp AmeriKids, I understand that I must supply the camp with a current medical evaluation, to be completed by my physician and received by camp prior to the start of my volunteer session.
* I agree to attend the required orientation program and will abide by the policies and rules established by Camp AmeriKids. I further agree that failure to abide by the policies and rules established may result in the termination of my participation in the camp program.
* I understand that by accepting a volunteer position with Camp AmeriKids I am making a commitment to the staff and to the children who are relying on my presence and participation in the program.
Applicant Release and Authorization
I hereby authorize The ELM Project to obtain information pertaining to any charges filed or convictions obtained against me for violations of federal and/or state/province criminal law. This investigation will include, but not be limited to, allegations of and convictions for criminal acts (felonies or misdemeanors), and will be gathered from any law enforcement agency of this or any state or federal government to the extent permitted by state/province and federal law.
Please provide 7 years of residential history (if not previously provided). Include full address and 'from' & 'to' dates.
Have you every been convicted of, or are you under investigation for a crime, felony, misdemeanor or any matter related to child abuse, sexual misconduct, violence and/or possession or use of illegal drugs or alcohol?
The above statements are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.