Here are some of items we need every year to make the magic of Camp AmeriKids happen!
It is a Camp AmeriKids tradition to prepare a special bag waiting for each camper on their bunk.
Ideally, we'd like groups to commit to creating bags for at least one cabin (20 bags) or provide bags for all campers in a given session (125 bags).
EACH BAG SHOULD CONTAIN:
- Notebook & pen
items FOR CABINS — NEW OR GENTLY USED
- Books for bedtime (for ages 8–16)
- Wool or fleece blankets (twin-size)
- Beads and embroidery floss for friendship bracelets
GENERAL items — NEW OR GENTLY USED
- Sports equipment—tennis racquets & balls, basketballs, volleyball set, mesh bags to carry balls
- Arts & Crafts supplies—beads, markers, scissors, paint, Sharpies, tie-dye kits
- (No crayons or colored pencils please.)
- Swim goggles
- Batteries—all types!
- Cooler boxes—to transport refrigerated medicines to and from camp
- Large water coolers
- Tape (duct, masking, scotch)
- Portable digital audio recorder to record camper poetry and songs
- Speakers to plug iPhones into for dance, spoken word, and cabin down-time — we love music!